Tema: Leon Trotskij
- Leon Trotskij
- Anders Bæk Simonsen: Leon Trotskij: Revolutionens nederlag
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 355, nov 16 – side 15
Note: Historien om Trotskij kan bedst beskrives som en tragedie.
- Anders Bæk Simonsen: Trotskij i 1920’erne, del 1: Leon Trotskij: Revolutionens sværd
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 354, okt 16 – side 15
Note: Efter den russiske revolutions sejr i 1917 er den mest påtrængende opgave at forsvare revolutionen. 14 imperialistiske hære truer den på livet.
- Paul Le Blanc: Letter: John Rose’s review of Leon Trotsky
International Socialism Journal nr. 150, apr 16 – side 183
Note: Dear friends, I very much appreciate John Rose’s thoughtful review of my book Leon Trotsky (Half socialist? Leon Trotsky and the Soviet Union, in International Socialism 149) including his positive comments and the gratifying endorsement: “Buy this book!”
Yet his review is far from uncritical, and I would like to address a couple of issues touching on the nature (including limitations) of writing a succinct biography, and also to offer a crucial political clarification.
- John Rose: Book Review: Half socialist? Leon Trotsky and the Soviet Union
International Socialism Journal nr. 149, jan 16 – side 175
Note: A review of Paul Le Blanc, Leon Trotsky (Reaktion Books, Critical Lives series, 2015), £11.99
Paul Le Blanc faced a daunting challenge when he agreed to write a book about Leon Trotsky and his life in exile for the Critical Lives series, which specialises in brief introductions to leading political and cultural personalities. How do you briefly introduce one of the greatest leaders of the world’s first socialist revolution that then apparently rejected him? How do you summarise all the unanswered political questions that were intensified by Trotsky’s expulsion from the Soviet Union in February 1929?
- Neil Davidson: From deflected permanent revolution to the law of uneven and combined development
International Socialism Journal nr. 128, okt 10 – side 167
Note: “Trotsky is the one for whom there is no room either in pre-1990 Really Existing Socialism or in post-1990 Really Existing Capitalism, in which even those who are nostalgic for Communism do not know what to do with Trotsky’s permanent revolution”. Slavoj Zizek wrote these words at the beginning of the millennium and, in this case, he expresses a sentiment with which readers of International Socialism are likely to agree.
- Esme Choonara: Book review: Skipping stages
International Socialism Journal nr. 128, okt 10 – side 215
Note: Richard B Day and Daniel Gaido (eds), Witnesses to Permanent Revolution: The Documentary Record, (Haymarket, 2011), $36
“The revolutionary centre is moving from the West to the East,” writes German socialist Karl Kautsky in 1903 in the first article in this collection. It is an apt opening for a groundbreaking book that documents some of the huge debates that took place in the socialist movement in Russia and beyond in the years 1903-1907.
- Esme Choonara: Trotskijs socialisme
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 301, sep 10 – side 6
Note: For 70 år siden blev den russiske revolutionære Leon Trotskij myrdet. Esme Choonara tager et kig på hans liv, ideer og arv.
- Chris Bambery: Stalin’s Nemesis: The Exile and Murder of Leon Trotsky
Socialist Worker nr. 2161, jul 09 – side 11
Note: Chris Bambery looks at a new account of Leon Trotsky’s life and death, which was recently Radio 4’s Book of the Week
Stalin’s Nemesis: The Exile and Murder of Leon Trotsky by Bertrand M Patenaude is available for £20 from Booksmarks, the socialist bookshop.
- Andrew Stone: Book Review: Bertrand M Patenaude: Stalin's Nemesis
Socialist Review nr. 337, jun 09 – side 26
Note: Leon Trotsky spent the last four years of his life in a prison-like exile in Mexico. Pursued by Stalinist enemies, he survived an armed assault on his home before succumbing to the blows of Ramon Mercader, a GPU agent posing as a political sympathiser.
Stalin's Nemesis is a very readable account of these years, which despite Trotsky's enforced isolation were very eventful.
- Esme Choonara: A to Z of Socialism: T is for Trotsky
Socialist Review nr. 333, feb 09 – side 22
Note: In a world dominated by capitalist crisis and war the life and writings of Leon Trotsky can offer socialists some pointers on the way forward.
- Christian Hogsbjerg: Trotsky on race in the US
International Socialism Journal nr. 121, jan 09 – side 99
Note: Leon Trotsky’s life and work were intrinsically intertwined with the rise and fall of the Russian Revolution. Trotsky was also an outstanding internationalist and, although he did not write a great deal on the African diaspora as a whole, he did address what was known by revolutionary socialists at the time as the “Negro question”—the systematic racism suffered by black people in the United States.
- Krise og klassekamp
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 284, dec 08 – side 12
Note: Vil den økonomiske krise føre til mere klassekamp? Den russiske socialist Leon Trotskij skrev om det komplicerede forhold mellem økonomisk opsving, nedgang og klassekamp
- John Molyneux: Trotsky slandered
International Socialism Journal nr. 112, sep 06 – side 200
Note: A review of Geoffrey Swain: "Trotsky" (Pearson Longman, 2006), £14.99
- Judy Cox: Trotsky for the 21st century
International Socialism Journal nr. 111, jun 06 – side 171
Note: A review of Bill Dunn and Hugo Radice (eds): "100 years of Permanent Revolution: Results and Prospects" (Pluto Press, 2006), £18.99
- Neil Davidson: The prophet, his biographer and the watchtower (Anmeldelse af Isaac Deutscher's 3-binds biografi om Trotskij)
International Socialism Journal nr. 104, sep 04 – side 95
Note: Isaac Deutscher's three-volume biography of Trotsky has just been reprinted. It inspired the 1960s generation of activists and can do so again today. But it also contains political assumptions that have to be challenged, argues Neil Davidson in a wide-ranging review article. Neil was this year's winner of the Isaac Deutscher Memorial Prize.
- Duncan Hallas: Trotskijs marxisme (kap. 5: Arven) (1979)
- Jørgen Lund: 60 år siden Leon Trotskijs død: En af historiens største revolutionære
Socialistisk Arbejderavis nr. 184, aug 00 – side 8
Note: 21. august er det 60 år siden Leon Trotskij døde på et hospital, efter at han var blevet tilføjet adskillige slag med en isøkse i sit hjem i Mexico. Overfaldsmanden blev senere afsløret som agent for Stalin, og han blev senere højt dekoreret og levede resten af sit liv i Prag.
- Dave Sherry: Trotsky's last, greatest struggle (Tony Cliff: "Trotsky. 4: 1927-1940 The darker the night, the brighter the star")
International Socialism Journal nr. 63, jun 94 – side 135
Note: Dave Sherry looks at the final volume of Tony Cliff's biography of Leon Trotsky.
- John Rees: Trotsky and the dialectic of history
International Socialism Journal nr. 47, jun 90 – side 113
Note: Leon Trotsky was murdered by Stalin’s agent 50 years ago. We publish three articles which re-examine his legacy just at the moment when Stalin's empire is crumbling. John Rees examines Trotsky’s recently published Writings on Lenin, Dialectics and Evolutionism and evaluates Trotsky's original contribution to the Marxist method.
- James Higgins: Now Let Us Praise Leon Trotsky
International Socialism Journal (1st series) nr. 80, jul 75 – side 27
Note: Trotsky by Joel Carmichael, Hodder and Stoughton, £5.95.
- Tony Cliff: Trotsky om “substitutionismen”
Proletar! nr. 6, nov 73 – side 24
Note: Oversat af Brian Gooseman og Tage Bild fra “Party and Class” (Essays by Tony Cliff, Duncan Hallas, Chris Harman and Leon Trotsky), Pluto Press, London 1972
Alt. url: Original-tekst (engelsk)
- Tony Cliff: The Revolutionary Party and the Class or Trotsky on Substitutionism
International Socialism Journal (1st series) nr. 2, sep 60 – side 14
Note: Twenty years ago Trotsky was assassinated. The best tribute one can pay to this great revolutionary, who so despised all cant, would be a critical study of some of his ideas. We offer the following study of one problem he so brilliantly posed as a very young man, a problem that plagued him for the rest of his life, and that is still with us: the problem of the relation between party and class, and the danger of the former substituting for the latter.
Alt. url: Dansk udgave
Der blev fundet 22 artikler
- Leder: OK18: Vi ønsker en konflikt
- OK18: De har fejlvurderet situationen
- OK18 og fagbureaukratiet
- Påskestrejken – ti dage der rystede Danmark
- Den apolitiske “danske model” er en ren fiktion
- 26 apr: Forsvar solidaritetspagten
- 19 apr: Vi er i begyndelsen af en ny tid med solidaritet
- 26 feb: Stop regeringens forsøg på at diskriminere og udskamme mennesker i “Ghettoområderne”
- 7 feb: SocDem’s udlændingeudspil: Racistisk, gement og leflende
På forlaget Modstand.org finder du bøger, pjecer og meget andet.